Sprache auswählen

Willkommen auf der Automobilseite des Jetronic.org Forums ! - Welcome to the Automotive part of the Jetronic.org forum !

Erzählt uns und anderen, wer Ihr seid und warum Ihr Euch auf diesem Forum registriert habt.
Ich heiße alle Auto-Begeisterten hier herzlich willkommen und hoffe, Euch häufig hier zu sehen.

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

MAP sensor

Mehr
3 Jahre 11 Monate her #13770 von packers1712
MAP sensor wurde erstellt von packers1712
Good morning, I have a MAP sensor from my FI 1971 VW type 3 notchback that has gone open circuit on the secondary coil, can this be fixed or is it scrap? I have fully open it up and it isn't just a bad connection the secondary coil has no continuity.

Thanks Doug

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

• Dr-DJet
  • Dr-DJet repariert und sammelt alles! :-)
Mehr
3 Jahre 10 Monate her #13772 von Dr-DJet
Dr-DJet antwortete auf MAP sensor
Hi Doug,

an honest answer is: Not really. Of course one could unwind and rewind the coil. But at what price? Economically it makes no sense. I never experienced a broken coil before. So I guess that you will not find any posisitve answers to your question. ANd if - you would still have to tune it back to original - also not an easy job.

Viele Schraubergrüße - best regards, Dr-DJet Volker
Alles für den Mercedes-Benz R/C 107 und W116 in der SLpedia Sternzeit 107

Workshop Hzg/Klima 13.4 (ER), D-Jetronic 8.6. (F) & 20.7. (ER), K-Jetronic 29.6. (ER) & 31.8. (F)

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

Mehr
3 Jahre 10 Monate her #13799 von packers1712
packers1712 antwortete auf MAP sensor
Ok thanks so I need to find a good second hand working unit, buy a NOS unit from the samba.com at the cost of a new kidney or junk the FI and fit carburettors?
Do you have or know where i may source a good second hand unit?

Thanks Doug.

Mehr
3 Jahre 10 Monate her #13800 von nordfisch
nordfisch antwortete auf MAP sensor
Hi Doug,
please don't ask us here about a carb conversion...

We need information about the car and where you are situated.
Tell us the Bosch # of the part installed... like 0 280 100 ...

I had a look at ebay USA and found more than one unit. But at least one looks quite suspicious to me. Photos of two different sensors, both with the black cap missing in one auction...

As Volker wrote before: It makes no sense to repair your defective unit.
Parts for VW normally don't cost a kidney.

Regards
Norbert

• Dr-DJet
  • Dr-DJet repariert und sammelt alles! :-)
Mehr
3 Jahre 10 Monate her #13803 von Dr-DJet
Dr-DJet antwortete auf MAP sensor
Hi,

according to my rrsearch it should either be a 0 280 100 007 type 2 with potting or a 0 280 100 101 with black cap. Depends of manufacturing date and ECU. You find details in jetronic.org/de/d-jetronic/druckfuehler#Liste . It is simply too much costs, trying to restore your broken MAP sensor. If I would do it, I would have to slaughter another MAP sensor and then try to adapt your unit to a working one. Much work AND cost compared to a used MAP sensor.

If you prefer a carb conversion and believe that maintaining a carb is nowadays easier than FI, please feel free to go ahead.

Viele Schraubergrüße - best regards, Dr-DJet Volker
Alles für den Mercedes-Benz R/C 107 und W116 in der SLpedia Sternzeit 107

Workshop Hzg/Klima 13.4 (ER), D-Jetronic 8.6. (F) & 20.7. (ER), K-Jetronic 29.6. (ER) & 31.8. (F)

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

Mehr
3 Jahre 10 Monate her #13961 von packers1712
packers1712 antwortete auf MAP sensor
Hi,

Sorry for the delayed reply had quite a lot on my plate with work recently so this has taken a back seat, yes you are correct with the part number, do you know where I can buy a NOS one or a good used one?

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.108 Sekunden