Sprache auswählen

Die Bosch D-Jetronic war 1967 die erste Großserien elektronische Einspritzung der Welt. - Bosch's D-Jetronic was the first mass-production electronic fuel injection.

73 Volvo TPS

Mehr
2 Jahre 11 Monate her #15991 von MitSch
73 Volvo TPS wurde erstellt von MitSch
I am trying to replace the TPS for my 73 Volvo 1800ES with a 5-pin Bosch # 280 120 047. Is this TPS compatible with the 73 Volvo?

The original Volvo TPS is a 4 pin, no WOT. According to the wiring schema on the 047 TPS, the pin arrangement from top to bottom is
9, 20, 12 (WOT not used), 17, 14.   

Comparing this to a known working 4-pin TPS (not a 047) installed in another ES, the pin arrangement is 9, 20, 14, 17.   

I have installed the 047 TPS according to the schema indicated on the TPS, but I do not get continuity between pins 17 and 14 when I test with my meter. I do not heart any clicks either. Is it possible that the pin arrangement is wrong, and should actually be 9, 20, 14, 17? Should I switch wires 14 and 17, and will this cause any damage?  

Thanks
Mitch

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
2 Jahre 11 Monate her #15992 von MitSch
MitSch antwortete auf 73 Volvo TPS
On the 047 TPS, which pin controls WOT? Is it 12, or 14?

• Dr-DJet
  • Dr-DJet repariert und sammelt alles! :-)
Mehr
2 Jahre 11 Monate her #15993 von Dr-DJet
Dr-DJet antwortete auf 73 Volvo TPS
Hi Mitch,

excuse me what is WOT?

Viele Schraubergrüße - best regards, Dr-DJet Volker
Alles für den Mercedes-Benz R/C 107 und W116 in der SLpedia Sternzeit 107

Workshop Hzg/Klima 13.4 (ER), D-Jetronic 8.6. (F) & 20.7. (ER), K-Jetronic 29.6. (ER) & 31.8. (F)

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

Mehr
2 Jahre 11 Monate her #15994 von MitSch
WOT = wide open throttle (full open)

Mehr
2 Jahre 11 Monate her - 2 Jahre 11 Monate her #15995 von nordfisch
nordfisch antwortete auf 73 Volvo TPS
Hi Mitch,
maybe the 047 doesn't fit at all because it is noticed to be a 'Bendix' type, correct right-turning, almost compatible with a Mercedes type 015 (which is a 5-poled compatible with the 4-poled 026 and the 39 that would fit your car) but with a different mounting direction.
Maybe it won't fit because the idle-switch-position isn't reached at all when you try to adjust the unit.
You have to try this out at first...
Install the switch and turn it to left. You should feel some resistance than. Is it adjustable in this position?
Else it isn't useable at all because it doesn't fit mechanically.

You have to know the Pins 14 and 12 are both 'ground'='earth'.
Pin 2 is the contact you call 'WOT'. But this is incorrect - the contact switches at 2/3 open throttle or 3/4 open throttle - depending on the car model <and sometimes model year>. But you don't need it, that's good - you don't have to care about this.

But try at first what I wrote above.
Then we can think about the wiring. You can't damage anything.
It's only the 'ground' that is switched towards the other contacts in this unit.

Regards
Norbert

Letzte Änderung: 2 Jahre 11 Monate her von nordfisch.

Mehr
2 Jahre 11 Monate her #15996 von MitSch
I am going to try to move the wire at pin 14 to the position for 12. This will result in the arrangement 9, 20, 14, 17, and leaving the last pin without a wire. This will then correspond to the arrangement on the original TPS that is on the other Volvo ES.

If this change doesn't work then I will probably have to find a good working 039 unit.

Thanks

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.104 Sekunden