Sprache auswählen

Die Bosch D-Jetronic war 1967 die erste Großserien elektronische Einspritzung der Welt. - Bosch's D-Jetronic was the first mass-production electronic fuel injection.

Citroen DS23ie 1974- engine not starting when warm

• Dr-DJet
  • Abwesend
  • Dr-DJet repariert und sammelt alles! :-)
Mehr
4 Jahre 2 Wochen her #13544 von Dr-DJet
Hi Warren,

I have always warned people that such a higly elctronzed ignition distributor causes its own problems over time. I was often criticized for trying to stop people from upgrading to a modern solution. Her is the proof that I was not completely wrong.

Thanks for your feedback, Irmin and Warren

Viele Schraubergrüße - best regards, Dr-DJet Volker
Alles für den Mercedes-Benz R/C 107 und W116 in der SLpedia Sternzeit 107

Workshop D-Jetronic 8.6. (F) & 20.7. (ER), K-Jetronic 29.6. (ER) & 31.8. (F)

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
3 Jahre 11 Monate her #13750 von Andy
For the Citroen Sm- the scene knows, that the 123 does not like the heat in Citroen engine compartments.
I think, a better solution was a Lumenition ignition, fitted in the original distributor.

Andreas

Mehr
3 Jahre 11 Monate her #13753 von DSLover
Hello,
I do have a DS23 ie for quite a while and had the same problem 15 years ago.As far as I can remember the most important thing was to push the accelerator all the way down before turning the key. I also istalled a thermo and time controlled switch for the electric fan, that made it run for five minutes or so after the ignition is switched off. The temperatur is controlled by the air under the hood, not the water, since it is extremely hot, especially when the A/C is used.
One other item that contributed was a tiny craze under the compensating reservoir for the coolant, that only opened when it was nearly boiling. That sprayed water on the spark plugs and other parts of the ignition system.
Even here in "Bosch-country" I can't find a mechanic who knows enough to fix the D-Jettronic,
Have fun with this fine car!
Greetings

• Dr-DJet
  • Abwesend
  • Dr-DJet repariert und sammelt alles! :-)
Mehr
3 Jahre 11 Monate her #13757 von Dr-DJet

DSLover schrieb: Hello,
Even here in "Bosch-country" I can't find a mechanic who knows enough to fix the D-Jettronic,

Hi,

that could be due to the fact that there is no D-Jett ronic in Bosch-country. ;)

Viele Schraubergrüße - best regards, Dr-DJet Volker
Alles für den Mercedes-Benz R/C 107 und W116 in der SLpedia Sternzeit 107

Workshop D-Jetronic 8.6. (F) & 20.7. (ER), K-Jetronic 29.6. (ER) & 31.8. (F)

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

Mehr
3 Jahre 11 Monate her #13802 von Andy
Hi,

when startigm warm is a problem, have checked the pressure keeping when engine hass topped.

Andreas

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.162 Sekunden