Sprache auswählen

Kontaktzündungen, kontaktgesteuerte Transistorzündungen, Induktions- und Hallgeber gesteuerte Transistorzündugen

0 227 051 014 Bosch Transistor Zündsteuergeraet

Mehr
1 Jahr 3 Monate her #18833 von rsadut
Dear Members,

Greetings from Istanbul and wish you the Best in the New Year.

My car 107023(350SLC) had engine (116982) problems.
Finally, I was able to locate a Bosch Car Service which is specialized in old Benz models and the engine has been tuned up to the standards.
The service owner drew my attention to the Zündsteuergeraet I have (0 227 051 022).
He says that with this unit engine is cutting off electricity at around 4500 rpm and this unit does not belong to engine type 116982 according to his Bosch ctalogues.
He claims the right one should be 0 227 051 014. He has also made a test using this unit and the performance of the engine goes beyond 6500 rpm.
Which one is the right one? May I have the Benz numbers for the units?
He also said that If the one ending with 014 is used and the engine is tuned accordingly the current CO level may be reduced more.
At the moment it is running at 4,58 ad idle and around 4,32 at 3500 rpm.
According to the values in the book 1,5-2,5 is the correct range and 4,58 is very high.

I would appreciate your comments.

Kind Regards,
Juan Adut

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
1 Jahr 3 Monate her #18834 von Obelix
...there the good man is wrong, the 022 is just the newest Version and have to work fine in your car, the 014 is e.g. for the W 116 !  Maybe your 022 is not ok anymore !

Gruß
Christian

• Dr-DJet
  • Dr-DJet repariert und sammelt alles! :-)
Mehr
1 Jahr 3 Monate her - 1 Jahr 3 Monate her #18835 von Dr-DJet
Merhaba Juan,

Allah bize yardim et! Oh my god, please help us! Himmel hilf!

this Usta (Turkish for Master )  is of course absolutely wrong

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

0 227 051 012, 017 and 022 are so called weel house type ignition modules as they are installed in 107 SL/C in left wheel house.

0 227 051 014 and 024 are so called STANDARD ignition modules of W116, W114 280 and late R/C 107. Common to them is that they all operate controlled by an ignition contact.

There is NO RPM LIMITER in those units. RPM limiter for our cars is in distributor finger.

That is why all 107 SL/C have either one of the 3 compatible wheel house units which controls pin 15 on igntion coil or as of somewhen in 74 standard ignition module which controls pin 1 on ignition coil. You cannot swap between wheel house and unity unit as you have to change cabling then. In any case that is just a power transistor amplifying contact current. It does not care for rpm or no of cylinders or engine volume.

Your workshop master is a - sorry for that - typical Turkish Usta.

After my experince in Turkey Usta means "Cok konusan, hic bilmeyen". God forgive me but I have seen several of them: Electricians and Painters especially. Only Plus of them: They act fast. But their results are unfortunately often questionable.

0 227 051 022 was never originally installed. It is a spare part version for earlier compatible 0 227 051 012 and 0 227 051 017.

Okay I prove it: Go to 107 Workshop manual , chapter 07.5-519 page 4 . You will find all 3 numbers mentioned under wheel house unit .

Viele Schraubergrüße - best regards, Dr-DJet Volker
Alles für den Mercedes-Benz R/C 107 und W116 in der SLpedia Sternzeit 107

Workshop D-Jetronic 8.6. (F) & 20.7. (ER), K-Jetronic 29.6. (ER) & 31.8. (F)

Letzte Änderung: 1 Jahr 3 Monate her von Dr-DJet.

Mehr
1 Jahr 3 Monate her #18836 von rsadut
Hi Christian,
Hi Volker,

The person I talked to is the shop owner but the person who worked actually on my car was on leave today.
Therefore I would like to talk to him first but I have clearly stated that the limiter is on the distributor unit should be responsible for electricity cut off. This is what I have learned during my training in Hanau and I remember clearly that the part was expensive ie around 80 EUR.

I am writing to you because you are the experts and I believe in you. Thank you for your support.

I have aslo proved to the guy by sharing pictures of the Benz xentry portal where the parts used in 116982 engine are shown. As you have mentioned there are two types. The wheel house type is not rectangular and a bit smaller and the rectangular one I believe for the w116 chassis. 
may be he is trying to sell another spare part and he is’fishing’ to get me on the hook.

I need to try the engine on the highway before I can comment on the rpm speed limit.

I would like to have a comment If possible on the high CO value.

since the shop has several Bosch measuring devices and a dynamonto check the engine performance I can ask them to check anything that can give a hint for the high CO value.

I was told that the compression value on two cylinders were around 8 something rather than 9 something. For the exact values I need for this guys return as he kept the records. I was also told that injectors were cleaned. That is all I can say for the moment

Greetings from Istanbul
juan

• Dr-DJet
  • Dr-DJet repariert und sammelt alles! :-)
Mehr
1 Jahr 3 Monate her #18838 von Dr-DJet
Hi Juan,

high CO usually comes from vacuum leaks on engine or faulty engine temp sensor or faulty MAP sensor. Please start to measure vacuum level on MAP sensor hose. Add a T-piece and check what vacuum you can measure on idle. Should be -0,5 Bar. If you do not reach that level, MAP sensor will report part-load to ECU which will enrich mixture. Of course you can also do vacuum leakage test with fogger and on MAP sensor or verfy engine temp sensore resistance on ECU connector.

If your car has low compression you should then do a vacuum leakage test on each cylinder.

Viele Schraubergrüße - best regards, Dr-DJet Volker
Alles für den Mercedes-Benz R/C 107 und W116 in der SLpedia Sternzeit 107

Workshop D-Jetronic 8.6. (F) & 20.7. (ER), K-Jetronic 29.6. (ER) & 31.8. (F)

Mehr
1 Jahr 3 Monate her #18844 von rsadut
Hi Christian,

Is it possible to check the ignition control unit whether it is faulty or not at a Bosch Service?
I have driven my car today.
At around 5000 rpm the car stalls otherwise the engine is running fine.
I was told that the cut off limiter (distribution finger) has been changed during the repair.
I have a video of my car on the dynamo with the 014 unit attached. The engine is revving above 6500 at a speed of more than 200 km/h without any problems. Could this be a sign that my original ignition control unit has a problem?

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.095 Sekunden