Sprache auswählen

Kontaktzündungen, kontaktgesteuerte Transistorzündungen, Induktions- und Hallgeber gesteuerte Transistorzündugen

Ignition Cable

Mehr
2 Monate 5 Tage her - 2 Monate 5 Tage her #21141 von lsmoz
Ignition Cable wurde erstellt von lsmoz
Hello Dr Djet,
My name is Lance Smart, from Australia. I have a 1972 W114 280E. I have posted on the forum before, but a long time ago.
I have a simple question.
I was never happy with the state of my ignition cable from the ignition control box to distributor and recently found a NOS replacement on the Roland Merz website. It doesn't have the condenser, but I read on another forum (BenzWorld) that this was deleted by Mercedes Benz so I purchased it. I know there is a lot of rubbish on the various fora, but it was stated by MBGraham, who seems to be one of the more sensible inhabitants. I have now fitted it and the car starts and revs with no problem, although I haven't yet taken it for a drive. My question is simple; is the condenser no longer required and is this a straight changeover or is there something else that I must do as well when the condenser is deleted?
Regards,
Lance.

Letzte Änderung: 2 Monate 5 Tage her von lsmoz. Begründung: Photos in wrong location

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

• Dr-DJet
  • Abwesend
  • Dr-DJet repariert und sammelt alles! :-)
Mehr
2 Monate 5 Tage her #21142 von Dr-DJet
Dr-DJet antwortete auf Ignition Cable
Hi Lance,

I confirm that a capacitor is not even unnecessary but also not helping if you have a transistor ignition. Remember that first 250CE s did not have that. A capacitor can harm that ignition contact cannot stay clean and suffer from blue oxidation. That can mean you have to clean contacts from time to time.

However: Without capacitor it is obligatory to have a shielded primary green cable. You have to connect shield to ground on ignition distributor. Otherwise you have too much noise in radio.

Viele Schraubergrüße - best regards, Dr-DJet Volker
Alles für den Mercedes-Benz R/C 107 und W116 in der SLpedia Sternzeit 107

Workshop D-Jetronic 8.6. (F) & 20.7. (ER), K-Jetronic 29.6. (ER) & 31.8. (F)

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: lsmoz

Mehr
2 Monate 5 Tage her #21144 von lsmoz
lsmoz antwortete auf Ignition Cable
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, it is a shielded green cable and ground has been connected to the distributor, I used the old hole for the condenser, you can see a small bolt in the photo.

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.093 Sekunden