Sprache auswählen

Willkommen auf der Automobilseite des Jetronic.org Forums ! - Welcome to the Automotive part of the Jetronic.org forum !

Erzählt uns und anderen, wer Ihr seid und warum Ihr Euch auf diesem Forum registriert habt.
Ich heiße alle Auto-Begeisterten hier herzlich willkommen und hoffe, Euch häufig hier zu sehen.

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

vorstellung 450sl from California 1979 with TSZ-4

Mehr
2 Jahre 7 Monate her #17005 von letank
A bit of an update... I found out that the distributor cap had a damaged post, more arcing than the other. It was replaced but no improvements... Then I finally found the non resistor spark plugs and used the NGK BP5ES, properly gaped at 0.7mm -the packaged plugs are not gaped for our specs- I did a quick 7 km drive in town, and there was a lot more power on the steep uphill streets that we have here, and no misfire.
I will do a longer test drive during the week as it will be easier to get a tow truck if needed.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
2 Jahre 1 Monat her #17728 von letank
Another update... after another failed test drive, I finally bought the right fuel pressure test gauge, the first one did not have any of the right fittings, thank you amaz@n!

So it seems a bit lean when the engine is running, pressure is 3.5 bar or 50psi, recommendation are in the 2.9 to 3.2 bar. Yes the engine misses upon initial acceleration....

Best,
Michel

• Dr-DJet
  • Dr-DJet repariert und sammelt alles! :-)
Mehr
2 Jahre 1 Monat her #17729 von Dr-DJet
Hi Michel,

well control pressure depends on
  • model year: 79 or 80
  • WUR number: For 79 should be a 0 438 140 056
  • Vacuum connected or not
  • If you have WUR 056 and vacuum is connected then control pressure of 3.4 - 3.8 bar is okay

Viele Schraubergrüße - best regards, Dr-DJet Volker
Alles für den Mercedes-Benz R/C 107 und W116 in der SLpedia Sternzeit 107

Workshop D-Jetronic 8.6. (F) & 20.7. (ER), K-Jetronic 29.6. (ER) & 31.8. (F)

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

Mehr
2 Jahre 1 Monat her - 2 Jahre 1 Monat her #17730 von letank
Hi Volker,
thank you, yes, I had to go back to the WUR number, it ends in 061 so it is withing specs, with vacuum connected.
Must be something else...

Otherwise at full throttle it runs very well! Idles as should be in the 600 to 650 rpm
Best,
Michel
Letzte Änderung: 2 Jahre 1 Monat her von letank.

• Dr-DJet
  • Dr-DJet repariert und sammelt alles! :-)
Mehr
2 Jahre 1 Monat her #17731 von Dr-DJet
Hi Michel,

061 seems to be the wrong one for your car.

Viele Schraubergrüße - best regards, Dr-DJet Volker
Alles für den Mercedes-Benz R/C 107 und W116 in der SLpedia Sternzeit 107

Workshop D-Jetronic 8.6. (F) & 20.7. (ER), K-Jetronic 29.6. (ER) & 31.8. (F)

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

Mehr
2 Jahre 1 Monat her #17732 von letank
thank you, this is a federal model initially from Chicago. I have a very strong belief that due to the low mileage nobody has ever done anything to it... but us... 12Kmiles when bought in the early 90's... 29Kmiles now with trouble free years... until 2018...

I started to check for vacuum leaks... nothing obvious, but a low manifold vacuum on the blue line to the EGR control... it was 10inch of mercury, I am starting to replace rubber connectors... now at 12inch of mercury... I guess I need to convert to Euro units...

Drove around the house to check power due to our steep hills... seems fine today.
Best,
Michel

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.099 Sekunden