Select your language

Die Bosch D-Jetronic war 1967 die erste Großserien elektronische Einspritzung der Welt. - Bosch's D-Jetronic was the first mass-production electronic fuel injection.

D-Jetronic Problem!!!!!

• Dr-DJet
  • Dr-DJet repariert und sammelt alles! :-)
More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #18661 by Dr-DJet
Replied by Dr-DJet on topic D-Jetronic Problem!!!!!
Hi Danny Cho,

Bosch itself can repair it: www.bosch-repair-service.com/en/engine-c...ronic-0280002004001/ . Technically I could also do it but I am not a service provider and I cannot deal with import, customs, export ...

YOu had measured your trigger points to be all on same level. That is why I do not understand your question. What changes when you remove and reinstall them?

Viele Schraubergrüße - best regards, Dr-DJet Volker
Alles für den Mercedes-Benz R/C 107 und W116 in der SLpedia Sternzeit 107

Workshop D-Jetronic 8.6. (F) & 20.7. (ER), K-Jetronic 29.6. (ER) & 31.8. (F)

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Dr-DJet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dnadanny1
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 5 months ago #18697 by dnadanny1
Replied by dnadanny1 on topic D-Jetronic Problem!!!!!
After days of checking, I think it is the issue of the trigger point rather than the ECU, which is aligned with your helpful article.

Since I only know "open/close" of the trigger point, when you say "dwell of the trigger point" or "fall of the signal", could you please further explain on what you mean by dwell or fall? Thanks

• Dr-DJet
More
1 year 5 months ago #18698 by Dr-DJet
hi Danny Cho,

dwell is the degree that the contact is closed. 360° being one full turn. Same definition as in ignition contact. SO you can use a dwell meter to measure.

• dnadanny1
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 5 months ago #18717 by dnadanny1
Thanks for your advice and help! I finally changed a new trigger (for 400 euro), and I was so happy that the car can start very quickly. After a few days of driving (~100km mileage), one day when I tried to start the car, the car could not start this time. Therefore, I took out the 8 spark plugs, and i found that 4,8,7,2 spark plugs are wet and full of fuel, but 1,5,3,6 are dry then I dried the spark plugs and put it back, but the car still could not start. I took out the spark plugs again, still 4,8,7,2 spark plugs are wet and full of fuel, but 1,5,3,6 are dry. Therefore, I dried the spark plugs, put them back, and I disconnected the injector electric connector of 4,8,7,2, the car could start this time.

I have a question:
Why the car can start without injector electric connector of 4,8,7,2, but could not start with injector electric connector of 4,8,7,2 on? Either way the 4,8,7,2 cylinder should not work. My hypothesis is that when the injector electric connectors of 4,8,7,2 are on, it stool the electric signal from 1,5,3,6. :)))

What should be the next-step to troubleshoot the issue? Thanks!

Would like to download knowledge from you all experts. Hope you have a great weekend ahead!

• Dr-DJet
More
1 year 5 months ago #18718 by Dr-DJet
Hi Danny Cho,

your engine runs with injectors 4,8,7,2 disconnected? Well that is amazing as it runs on only 4 cyls. Disconnect the other four and you are on the path to win a nobel prize for energy saving.

Oka back to normal: If your engine dies of too much fuel on these 4 cyls, it should be the ECU causing that failure. It is one branch in ECU. And one last remark: If you had read carefully here you would have noticed that there are methods of readjusting or replacing cams on trigger points for much less money than you payed.

• dnadanny1
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 5 months ago #18719 by dnadanny1
Ohh yess, thanks for your reminder! :) I had purchased 8 cams from child hospital, and I should chase the delivery again haha. We have contacted the BOCH ECU customer center regarding the ECU, and still pending response.

Btw, it is the only issue that I have been working on since I bought this Mercedes Benz. However, I have another BMW E9 with same year and same D-Jetronic system, but it has no such issue. It is so weird....

Wish you Merry Christmas ahead~ Have been learning a lot from you!

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds