Select your language

Die Bosch D-Jetronic war 1967 die erste Großserien elektronische Einspritzung der Welt. - Bosch's D-Jetronic was the first mass-production electronic fuel injection.

MAP interchangeability question for MB 280sel 3.5 d-jectronic

• dnadanny1
  • Topic Author
More
8 months 1 week ago #20612 by dnadanny1
Hi there everyone! Hope you have a restful weekend! Currently, I am replacing all wires of the ECU and checking all plugs for my 280sel 3.5 d-jectronic. I accidentally discovered that the P/N of the MAP is 028 100 030, however, in chapter appendix A: MB engine components written by Dr-DJet, it says that the MAP of my car should be P/N 0280 100 012. I would like to ask the experts here whether these MAPs are interchangeable or not. Should I buy a P/N 0280 100 012 to replace? Any comments are highly appreciated. Thanks your help in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dr-DJet
  • Dr-DJet repariert und sammelt alles! :-)
More
8 months 1 week ago #20613 by Dr-DJet
Hi Danny,

dor sure you should have a 0 280 100 012 . Which other answer did you expect from Dr-DJet ? And no even I cannot turn a 0 280 100 030 into a 0 280 100 012 .

Viele Schraubergrüße - best regards, Dr-DJet Volker
Alles für den Mercedes-Benz R/C 107 und W116 in der SLpedia Sternzeit 107

Workshop K-Jetronic 31.8. (F), Jubiläumstreffen 18.10. bei Bosch (N)

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

• dnadanny1
  • Topic Author
More
8 months 18 hours ago #20635 by dnadanny1
Thanks a lot for your confirmation! The reason why I have such question in mind is because I had shipped MAP 028 100 030 and ECU about half year ago to BOSCH for repairmen and recalibration, but there was no warning or reminder from BOSCH that these two are not matched, therefore, I assumed that they are compatible. And, BOSCH charged me for the service and reship the calibrated MAP and ECU back to me.

For now, I have bought a MAP 0 280 100 012 per your recommendation. Before installation, should I ship MAP 0 280 100 012 and the ECU to BOSCH for recalibration again? Appreciate your valuable advice. Thanks in advance for your help!

• Dr-DJet
More
8 months 17 hours ago #20636 by Dr-DJet
Hi Danny,

it is not necessary to ship ECU as well. Just MAP sensor alone is enough. Did Bosch calibrate to colorless, blue, red or green version of 0 280 100 030 ? If you know you can resell it.

• dnadanny1
  • Topic Author
More
8 months 13 hours ago #20638 by dnadanny1
Understand thanks a lot~ Here comes the second question: I am not sure how to explain the reason to BOSCH that we need to recalibrate the newly bought MAP 0 280 100 012, because we have not installed or tried it yet and I am afraid a mis-calibrated MAP 0 280 100 012 will damage the ECU or the car if we tried to install before any assurance.

Besides, the famous/ specialized Australia parts rebuilder and seller (not from Ebay), who sold me the MAP 0 280 100 012, told me that the MAP is well rebuilt, tested and calibrated.

Do you think we should trust the seller, and install/try if it works first before sending to BOSCH for calibration? Would there be any risk of damage to the ECU/car if it turns out the MAP is not properly calibrated? Appreciated your expertise and input. Thanks again~

• Dr-DJet
More
8 months 13 hours ago #20639 by Dr-DJet
Wrong tuning will not damage ECU. It will make your car run badly. If worst comes to worst it might even ruin your engine.

I cannot judge unknown peoples work. I have recently seen a MAP sensor that was rebuilt by a local Bosch service (not Bosch Classic Koller & Schwemmer). It was completely detuned. I cannot jeudge whether that happend by the local Bosch Service or by another workshop. Local Bosch service did not repot that MAP sensor so that it was open to everyone to detune.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds