Select your language

Willkommen auf der Automobilseite des Jetronic.org Forums ! - Welcome to the Automotive part of the Jetronic.org forum !

Erzählt uns und anderen, wer Ihr seid und warum Ihr Euch auf diesem Forum registriert habt.
Ich heiße alle Auto-Begeisterten hier herzlich willkommen und hoffe, Euch häufig hier zu sehen.

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Member from Finland

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #15054 by Sharedoc
Member from Finland was created by Sharedoc
Hello,
Bought Mercedes 107 SLC 350 1972, with 240000 km on the clock, recently as a hobby car. The car is officially certified original museum vehicle in Finland. Repairing the car troublesome idle brought me here. The problem is the car idle is persistently too high when engine is cold. It was up to 2500 rpm when bought the car. Now I have got it down to about 1000 - 1200 rpm by adjusting the auxiliary air device (0280140017). Contrary to the common beliefs, the device is tool-adjustable, since the angle of ”top hat” of the device is adjustable. You just need to lift the hat before adjusting the angle and then push it down avain. If you try to do it down the hat aluminium wall will break.

But I still have problem with the idle when engine is warm: idle is 900 - 1000 rpm. But I would like to get it to 700-750 rpm. Currently I believe the limiting factor is throttle body which has some slack in the axle and thus it does not close properly. Either I find a better used part or I replace axle bushings with nylon parts.

The next challenge is to find out how to detach the cabling from the ECU box because it is buried so deep under the cockpit in 107. I need to do welding on my car.

Another need I have is to install a measurement device to follow the richness of fuel-to-air ratio. One possibility is to drill a hole in the exhaust, weld a bolt and then install lambda-sensor and some display. Can anyone recommend a bolt-on kit for this?

Finally, I am in the process of collecting from eBay critical D-Jet spare parts, such as Bosch distributor 0231402001 including trigger points, and used Bosch fuel pump 0580464005. Im still looking for D-Jet parts: ECU box 0280002004, MAP-sensor 0280100012, and fuel pressure regulator 0280160004.

Attached is a recent photo of the car. Apology for the car missing fog-lights in the photo as they are being renovated.

Thanks to Volker for the comprehensive collection of D-jet information which helped me understand it better.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Sharedoc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dr-DJet
  • Dr-DJet repariert und sammelt alles! :-)
More
3 years 5 months ago #15056 by Dr-DJet
Replied by Dr-DJet on topic Member from Finland
Hi unknown,

it would be great if you could sign with your firstname, then I could greet you personally.

sorry your method of "repairing" the AAV is none. What I undestand ist that you have partially covered the slit. That is not the way to do it and still having a too high idle proves that. I have recently done my own AAV (same as yours) and found out that mine was also stuck :blush: Now it runs smoothly.

ECU, MAP sensor and AAV are easy to come by, I have plenty of them. But pressure regulators have become a rare part. You should have 0 280 160 007 BTW.

Viele Schraubergrüße - best regards, Dr-DJet Volker
Alles für den Mercedes-Benz R/C 107 und W116 in der SLpedia Sternzeit 107

Workshop D-Jetronic 8.6. (F) & 20.7. (ER), K-Jetronic 29.6. (ER) & 31.8. (F)

This image is hidden for guests.

More
3 years 5 months ago #15059 by Sharedoc
Replied by Sharedoc on topic Member from Finland
Found spare parts in eBay for MAP and throttle body with TPS, and pressure regulator (...007). Still looking for ECU (...2004)

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #15060 by Obelix
Replied by Obelix on topic Member from Finland
...and if you find your First Name, use it Here !

Gruß
Christian
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Obelix.

More
3 years 5 months ago #15067 by Sharedoc
Replied by Sharedoc on topic Member from Finland
I was not aware of need to use real identity on the forum. But since it is enforced I will resign from the forum.

Before I go, I will just say that I found from eBay UK bothth ...2004 ECU and ...007 pressure regulator.

You can close now. bye.

• Dr-DJet
  • Dr-DJet repariert und sammelt alles! :-)
More
3 years 5 months ago #15068 by Dr-DJet
Replied by Dr-DJet on topic Member from Finland
Hi Unknown without manners,

I hereby follow your wish and disable your account.

Viele Schraubergrüße - best regards, Dr-DJet Volker
Alles für den Mercedes-Benz R/C 107 und W116 in der SLpedia Sternzeit 107

Workshop D-Jetronic 8.6. (F) & 20.7. (ER), K-Jetronic 29.6. (ER) & 31.8. (F)

This image is hidden for guests.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Obelix, Rudiger II

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds