Sprache auswählen

Die Bosch D-Jetronic war 1967 die erste Großserien elektronische Einspritzung der Welt. - Bosch's D-Jetronic was the first mass-production electronic fuel injection.

high CO emission at every rpm level

Mehr
1 Jahr 9 Monate her #18032 von rsadut
high CO emission at evry rpm level wurde erstellt von rsadut
Hello Jetronic community,

Regards from Istanbul.
My 3,5 L D-Jet V8 MB engine is running on high CO. (116982)The value is around 5,60- 5,10 during idle with warm engine by adjusting the lever on the ecu.When the engine is revved up. (up to 4200 rpm) the CO drops to 4,8 only.I have checked the following:Air temp sensor cold 369 OhmEngine temp sensor 3,70 kOhm when cold and 372 Ohm when a little below degrees 80 C.I have checked the map sensor 99 and 367 (primary and secondary ).With the vacuum pump I have created vacuum up to 380 mm/Hg (ca. 0,5 bar) as per instructions on the web site. There is almost no drop in the manometer during 15 seconds.Do you have any suggestions? Kind Regards,Juan

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
1 Jahr 9 Monate her #18033 von nordfisch
nordfisch antwortete auf high CO emission at evry rpm level
Hi Juan,
what color are the injectors? Could you send a photo, they could be the wrong type.

The MAP sensor could be misadjusted.

Did you check the fuel pressure, the pressure after shutoff, too?

I think, those are the possible reasons for your probs.

Regards
Norbert

• Dr-DJet
  • Abwesend
  • Dr-DJet repariert und sammelt alles! :-)
Mehr
1 Jahr 9 Monate her #18034 von Dr-DJet
Dr-DJet antwortete auf high CO emission at evry rpm level
Hi Juan,

can you vary CO at idle by ECU rheostat ?

Such a high CO normally comes from
  • disconnected engine temp sensor
  • Detuned / vacuum leaking MAP sensor
  • Vacuum leakage on engine or vacuum hose to MAP sensor

Viele Schraubergrüße - best regards, Dr-DJet Volker
Alles für den Mercedes-Benz R/C 107 und W116 in der SLpedia Sternzeit 107

Workshop Hzg/Klima 13.4 (ER), D-Jetronic 8.6. (F) & 20.7. (ER), K-Jetronic 29.6. (ER) & 31.8. (F)

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

Mehr
1 Jahr 9 Monate her #18035 von rsadut
rsadut antwortete auf high CO emission at evry rpm level
Hi Nordfisch,

the injector color is yellow. I had found 'new old stock' a couple of years back and replaced the old ones with these.
before doing so I tried to have the injectors cleaned and measure the values of the old ones. My mechanic had a special device where injectors are attached and run for a period before starting with the cleaning. some of my old injectors were injecting more and some were injecting less fuel.
I had checked the fuel pressure which was at 2,1 bar. I never tried the pressure after shut-off. I could do that.
The MAP sensor was sent to Bosch device and returned after being adjusted.

Mehr
1 Jahr 9 Monate her #18036 von rsadut
rsadut antwortete auf high CO emission at every rpm level
Hi Dr. D-Jet,

First I have tried to adjust the CO level by using the ECU rheostat.
When the engine was warm around 90 C the measured CO value was at 5,60.
By using the rheostat the value was brought down to 5,10.

Afterward, we started to rev up the engine to detect the change in CO values. As I explained above it did not go down much (4,80)
- I measured the engine temp sensor first by disconnecting the connector on the engine value was at circa 350 ohms. (warm engine) later I reconnected the connector and measured at the 25 pin ECU connector. (23-12) this time value was 372.
-I checked the vacuum leak at the MAP sensor as I have mentioned I did not see any change in the value

- I still need to check the vacuum hose to the MAP sensor and vacuum leakage on the engine.

Since the beginning (it has been 10 years since I acquired the car and put it back on the street after a long restoration period) the wall where I park the car has been blackened with soot all the time. I suspect this is due to the rich mixture.

• Dr-DJet
  • Abwesend
  • Dr-DJet repariert und sammelt alles! :-)
Mehr
1 Jahr 9 Monate her #18037 von Dr-DJet
Dr-DJet antwortete auf high CO emission at every rpm level
Hi Juan,

an indication would be if your mechanic could connect a pressure gauge via a T-connector in the vacuum hose to MAP sensor. In idle you should see minimum 500 mBar vacuum.

Viele Schraubergrüße - best regards, Dr-DJet Volker
Alles für den Mercedes-Benz R/C 107 und W116 in der SLpedia Sternzeit 107

Workshop Hzg/Klima 13.4 (ER), D-Jetronic 8.6. (F) & 20.7. (ER), K-Jetronic 29.6. (ER) & 31.8. (F)

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.096 Sekunden